Okay, don’t tell coach this but this weekend I had a MAJOR sweet tooth craving but I had NOTHING in the house. During prep I rarely even have eggs or milk in the house. Just egg whites, protein, and water. I keep it that way for this EXACT reason.
So I was googling what I could make with the very few ingredients I had. Muffins popped up but I still didn’t have the milk so I altered the ingredients in hopes it would turn out okay and guess what…THEY CAME OUT AMAZING. Here’s the recipe
Egg-less Raspberry Muffins
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 baking soda
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (or whatever fruit you want)
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar (to sprinkle on top of muffins)
(Original recipe called for for buttermilk instead of water, 1 teaspoon of vinegar instead of 2, and butter instead of coconut oil. I just didn’t have any of those ingredients so I substituted)
- Add flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and raspberries together. Mix so the berries are all coated in the flour. (this prevents the berries from sinking to the bottom of the muffin)
- In a separate bowl add water, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, and vanilla. Mix.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients
- Fold wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients just until mixed. Do not over mix. Should be lumpy and sticky.
- Fill muffin cups to the top and sprinkle sugar on top (optional)
- Bake at 425* for 5 minutes. Reduce the oven temp and bake at 375* for 15-18 more minutes
- Enjoy or freeze!
I would love to try this recipe with 1/2 protein powder and 1/2 flour. I only had frozen raspberries so that’s what I used but I’m sure any other fruit or chocolate chips will do. I also sprinkled some sugar on top before baking which helped create a nice crunchy muffin top. I made 6 HUGE muffins but you could easily make 12-24 depending on the size you make.