Looking for a healthier pizza option? I need of a gluten free crust? Here it is folks! This will be the best cauliflower pizza crust around. Forget spending extra money on the pre-made ones. Next time check the label of those pizza crusts and see what’s in them. Here you can make your own and control the ingredients!
- 1 medium Head of Cauliflower or store bought cauliflower rice
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning (or oregano or basil)
- 1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan or Mozzarella Cheese shredded (optional)
- Cut cauliflower into pieces
- Mince cauliflower in a food processor until you have a rice like consistency (small grains)
- Cook cauliflower in microwave for 8 minutes
- MOST IMPORTANT PART: transfer cauliflower onto a cheese cloth or a tea towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can. SQUEEZE REALLY WELL, A FEW TIMES!
- You should then be left with a cauliflower mash. Transfer to a bowl
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together (egg, seasoning, cheese)
- Using your heads, flatten the cauliflower mixture on a lined parchment paper or silicon mat and spray the pan with cooking spray
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for a few more minutes until crispy.
- Now add all of your pizza toppings you want! Pizza sauce, veggies, meat, cheese, etc…
- Bake again until the cheese is melted and toppings are cooked and crispy