Okay friends, this is LITERALLY my go-to meal almost every night. I won’t lie to you, these are bomb! So here’s the deal, these meatballs are made with lean turkey and you can add many different flavors to these to keep changing them up. I’ll give you a few ideas. Normally I use an egg and bread crumbs to bind the meatballs together but being on a keto and contest prep nutritional plan I have eliminated that out all together. Don’t tell my mom!
Chill’s Lean Turkey Meatballs
Recipe makes 5 servings (2 meatballs per meal)
- 1 lb of lean ground turkey (the leaner the healthier)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp of Garlic
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup of diced onions OR green onions
- OPTIONAL INGREDIENTS TO CHANGE UP FLAVOR
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 diced kale or spinach
- 1/2 packet of pesto seasoning packet mix
- 1/2 packet of onion seasoning packet mix
- Preheat oven to 350*F
- Put ground turkey and all ingredients into a bowl and mix with fork or hands
- Roll out 10 meatballs with the ground turkey mixture. I use a medium sized ice cream scoop to form meatball shape to make sure they are all the same size
- Heat large skillet on medium to high heat on the stove top
- place meatballs in skillet to brown all sides of the meatball. You aren’t cooking the meatballs all the way through just browning the outside for flavor. (You can omit this step if you are short on time)
- TO COOK: (multiple options here depending on flavor desired)
- Place browned meatballs on cookie sheet and bake until there is no more pink in the center. roughly 10- 15 minutes.
- put 1 can of low sugar pasta sauce of choice in slow cooker and carefully place the meatballs in the slow cooker on low heat overnight for 6-8 hours.
- Zoodles and top with your favorite pasta sauce and meatballs
- Mini sliders with all the toppings and no bun
- Add meatballs to ANY salad
- Meatball sub
- Add to egg omelette
- Add pesto or roasted tomatoes
- Spaghetti and meatballs (need I say more?!)
- Top with sauteed vegetables
- If you get sick of meatballs half way through the week chop up the meatball and add some taco seasoning to them and make a taco salad
- Add some 1 tablespoon of gravy and make a mini turkey stroganoff
SERIOUSLY FOLKS…SUPER EASY! JUST LIKE THAT YOU HAVE THE BEST and LEANEST MEATBALLS! These meatballs are 100% bikini competition friendly depending on how you prep them with the sides. The best part about this is ground turkey can be spruced up in so many ways!
COOKING TIP: Make a TON of these and freeze them until you are ready to eat them. My freezer is always loaded with these and they are so easy to just quickly re-heat in the microwave or on the stove.